Sunday 15 August 2010

La Bella Italia

I'm back from a few days in the north of Italia, and boy was it beautiful! I toured round the Emilia-Romagna region, as well as venturing to Venice and Lake Garda (Sirmione). I've never set foot in Italy before, let alone perfected any Italian... but with friends in tow, it was a wonderful, relaxing, and hot trip. Here are a few photos, I took around 400, so this is literally a 'snapshot' of my lil holiday...

From top to bottom: Venice, bicycles in Ferrara, old men congregating with their bikes outside Ferrara cathedral, gondolier in Venice, St. Mark's Square, Italian gelato, Venice, Lake Garda.

4 comments:

  1. wow it looks amazing! I'd love to go to Italy one day. Did you go on one of those boats down the streets?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha a gondala? Unfortunately not, they are pretty expensive :-/ it was so beautiful there, so it was good to just walk and explore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, that looks lovely - I'd love to go to Italy some day and have a ride in a Gondola. Gelato is so yummy too! Looks like you had a fab time x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely overdid it on the gelato front :) but it had to be done really!

    ReplyDelete