Sunday 12 June 2011

Soft Brown Sugar Cookies


This week we have been celebrating birthday after birthday here in the Macey household... well, two birthdays to be precise. So at the beginning of the week I tried my hand at a spot of baking, and found a tasty-looking recipe for Soft Brown Sugar Cookies on Pinterest (my new favourite website!) 
For a start the recipe was using cups (as it was American) and I altered it a tad as I am wheat intolerant, but here is the original recipe...

Ingredients:

2/3 c. butter, softened
1-1/2 c. brown sugar, packed
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla extract
2-1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 t. baking powder
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1 c. sour cream

Directions:

Blend together butter and brown sugar.  Add eggs, one at a time; blend well.  Add vanilla; beat until light.  In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.  Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with sour cream; mix well.  Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto non-stick or lightly greased baking sheets.  Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes.  Remove to a wire rack; cool. Makes 2 dozen.


I swapped regular flour for self-raising gluten-free flour and still used the same quantities of baking powder and baking soda, but left the salt out of the recipe, and the results were great!! When I make these again I would add chocolate chips to the recipe and then they would be perfect, but all in all, a good week's baking! x

2 comments: