Sunday 7 August 2011

The Seaside!


This weekend I squeezed in a '24 hour holiday' as I liked to think of it! When I was little I went on a family holiday to Mumbles, so as one of my best friends has recently moved to Swansea, I decided it was time to return to the Welsh coast for a wee break!


To be honest I didn't recognise much of Mumbles, but upon some other friend's recommendations we made sure we had a Joe's ice cream and a delicious lunch on the seafront. (Joe's was delicious by the way!) and we also visited the house where my auntie grew up, which was lovely to see and take snaps of to show her.


All too soon it was time to come home, but I'm now feeling fresh and rejuvenated from the sea air and sunshine and am ready for the week ahead!

2 comments:

  1. How lovely! I'm also feeling ready for a 24-hour holiday - I am feeling the need to squeeze one in very soon and your blog post has inspired me to make room for it in my schedule x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great!!! Back in 1995 I went down to Swansea for a Uni interview and thought it was a wonderful place! I didn't end up studying there though - stayed in my home town of Newcastle Upon Tyne (Uni of Northumbria) By that was a long time ago! The sea-side is at the bottom of my street! I can see the sea from my bedroom - great but the seagulls kind of drive you nuts in the mornings!

    ReplyDelete