Sunday 2 September 2012

A trip down to sunny Devon...


I spent the last week in South Devon with my family, our annual pilgrimage, and every year see the trip as a wonderful time to take photos of the beautiful scenery, the sea, quirky boats and lobster pots, as well as a chance to get the watercolours out, and I spent a lovely few hours drawing boats, painting their sails and doing smaller, quicker sketches of boats and yachts using pen. 


It made a lovely change to use pencils, paint and paper, as I spend the majority of my time 'drawing' with my sewing machine, so it was great to be creative using a completely different medium to my usual fabric and thread.


Our holiday breakfast's were made complete with one of our coffee cosies, and we spent time wandering around the pretty coastal towns, walking around the beautiful Devon coastline, and stopping for well-deserved coffee and cake, or treating ourselves to delicious cream teas!



2 comments:

  1. looks like a perfect break, and thanks for posting your lovely sailboat sketches, it's inspiring to see how you develop your simplified, pared down designs from more detailed, sensitive sketches. At least that's the way it looks to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi
    thanks for sharing your informatin is good every year see the trip as a wonderful time to take photos of the beautiful scenery, the sea, quirky boats and lobster pots. the posting is very lovely inspiring looks like a perfect images.
    buy charlotte homes

    ReplyDelete